Complaints and Feedback

Share Tweet Print More Options
three ladies in the park

When should I raise a complaint?

We encourage you to contact the Active Ageing & Community Access unit as soon as you become aware of an issue that needs addressing of if you would like to provide any feedback about the services you receive.

With whom should I raise my complaint?

You have the right to raise your complaint with Moorabool Shire Council Staff.

Moorabool Shire Council staff are instructed to report all complaints directly to their supervisor. The supervisor will then contact you to discuss the issue and how the issue can be resolved. Your issue will be documented and in some instances, may be able to be resolved immediately. For non-urgent issues, you will be contacted within 2 business days. If you consider your issue to be urgent, every effort will be made to have the appropriate person contact you within the day.

The Moorabool Shire Council Complaints and Feedback form

 If the issue is complex, please contact the Manager Active Ageing & Community Access on 5366 7100 and arrange a time to discuss your issues without feeling rushed. You may also choose to bring an advocate or a family member with you to assist you through the complaints management process.

If you are raising a concern on behalf of someone else, make sure the person or their representative knows about it and has consented to you lodging the complaint on their behalf.

If your concern is not resolved, you may direct your concerns to any of the following:

General Manager Social and Organisational Development

Moorabool Shire Council

PO Box 18

Ballan Vic 3342

The Chief Executive Officer

Moorabool Shire Council

PO Box 18

Ballan Vic 3342

Ombudsman Victoria

Level 9, 459 Collins Street

Melbourne Vic 3000

1800 806 314 or via


Alternatively you can contact:

Aged Care Complaints Commissioner on an open, confidential or anonymous basis by phoning:

1800 550 552                              TTY 1800 555 677

The Complaints Commissioner provides a free service for anyone to raise concerns about the quality of care or services delivered and is independent of the Department of Health.

Aged Care Information Line

1800 500 853                              TTY 1800 555 677

Disability Service Commissioner

1800 677 342                           TTY 1300 726 563


Human Rights Unit - Department of Justice
24/121 Exhibition St
Tel: 03 8684 0859

Fax: 03 8684 7500


Last Updated:

Tuesday, 4 July, 2017 - 13:09