Whose road is it?

Council is responsible for the majority of the roads within the shire boundaries. These are known as local roads and are listed on Council's Road Management Plan.

There are however a number of other road authorities which manage roads in the shire, these include:

Department of Transport (VicRoads)

The department of transport (VicRoads) are responsible for freeways (including overpasses) and arterial or declared roads.Report a road issue : VicRoads)

Department of Energy, Environment, and Climate Action

The Department of Energy, Environment, and Climate Action are responsible for many of the unsealed roads in the State Forest areas. These areas include;

  • Bungal State Forest.
  • Lal Lal Falls Reserve and Forest.
  • Mount Doran Forest. 
  • Wombat State Forest.

 To report an issue Contact us (deeca.vic.gov.au)

Parks Victoria

Parks Victoria are responsible for many of the unsealed roads in the National and State Park areas.

The parks include:

  • Brisbane Ranges National Park,
  • Lerderderg State Park,
  • Spargo Creek
  • Werribee Gorge State Park.

To report and issue Contact us (parks.vic.gov.au)


VicTrack are responsible for intersections surrounding a train line.

To report an issue Feedback form | VicTrack

Not sure whose road it is? Use our interactive map below that lets you know who is responsible for that road and where to report issues.

Urgent road issues

For urgent issues requiring immediate attention please call us us on 03 5366 7100 (If calling outside business hours please select option 1 for emergencies)