Join us at Moorabool Shire Council!
We support and encourage a positive organisational culture by actively living and engaging in the organisations values. Flexible working arrangements to support a healthy work/life balance are offered for all staff. We encourage and assist in our employees career development through ongoing training opportunities and many other benefits.
Our Values - ICARE
By living our values, Council is able to build strong relationships internally, with the community and with partners.
- INTEGRITY - I say what I mean and always do what's right
- CREATIVITY - I consider situations from multiple angles and perspectives
- ACCOUNTABILITY - I have courage to make decisions and take ownership for their outcomes
- RESPECT - I seek to understand and treat people how I would like to be treated
- EXCELLENCE - I take calculated risks to seek out better ways of doing things
At Moorabool Shire Council, we are committed to child safety and have a zero tolerance for child abuse and promote the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children, including Aboriginal children, children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and children with disability. For information about Child Safety click here.
We are proud to offer:
- Strong values and positive staff culture
- Paid maternity leave and paternity leave
- Smoke free work environment
- Tertiary Study opportunities
- An active social club
- Leadership support
- Career guidance/pathways
- Flexible work and leave arrangements (purchase leave options)
- GMHBA Health Cover available (excess reimbursement)
- Employee Assistance Program Support
- Opportunity to contribute in making a difference in the lives of the community and staff
How to apply for a job
- Search and view current job listings by clicking on "View Job Opportunities here"
- Ensure you have read the Position Description carefully to clearly understand what the job entails
- Set aside 30 minutes to complete the process in order to submit a detailed application
- Complete your responses to 3 simple steps – Key Selection Criteria, Cover Letter and Resume.
Address the Key Selection Criteria
An important part of the application process is responding to the Key Selection Criteria (KSC). The KSC is contained in the position description and your application needs to include one or two paragraphs that explain your specific capabilities for each of the criteria. It is recommended that you have saved responses in a word document ready to cut and paste into the application.
The personal information which is supplied to Council in employment applications will be used solely for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for purposes that a person may reasonably expect with regards to the processing of such applications. Applicants must understand that the personal information provided for recruitment purposes and that they may apply to the Council for access to and/or amendment of the information.