The Animal Pound provides a safe haven for lost and abandoned pets within our Shire as well as a very successful animal adoption program.
(updated 30 January 2019): The pound is closed on weekends until further notice.
People wishing to drop off/pick up animals on weekends are by appointment only (call Emergency After Hours Officer through Council After Hours Service)
Adoption viewing is not available on weekends.
Seen or Found a Lost Animal?
If you have seen or found a lost animal please lodge a lost report with council.
Where is Council's Domestic Animal pound located?
Council’s Domestic Animal Pound is located at 50 Osborne Street, Maddingley.
Monday to Friday: 4pm-4.30pm
Animal pound and adoptions
Dogs and cats found at large, are held at the Council Pound for 8 days.
Any pet not claimed after this period, will be assessed for suitability for adoption.
All cats and dogs adopted from the Animal Pound are vet checked, vaccinated, microchipped and desexed.
To view current pets impounded, please go to the Pet Adoption Facebook page.
If your pet is impounded, the following fees apply prior to release. You may also be liable for infringements for your pet being at large and if it isn't registered with Council.
No payments facilities are available at the pound. Payments are to be made at a Customer Service centre, prior to attending the pound.
- Impound Fee: $99.00 per animal
- Maintenance Fee: $31.00 per day, per animal
- Registration Fee Dog (if pet unregistered and desexed): $63.00
- Registration Fee Cat (if pet unregistered and desexed): $57.50
- Registration Fee Dog and Cat (if pet unregistered and not desexed): $195.00
- Microchip: $31.00
- Declared dogs (menacing, dangerous, guard and restricted breed $650