Marveloo is a mobile accessible restroom that caters for those with high-support needs. It is stationed at the Andy Arnold Centre in Bacchus Marsh and can be hired out for events.
Making Moorabool Shire accessible
People living with disability face a vast range of challenges in their daily lives such as restricted access to social and cultural events. Changing places facilities, such as Marveloos, enable people with disabilities, their carers and families to visit places or attend events they might not otherwise attend because of inadequate toilet facilities.
It means that events and festivals in Moorabool and neighbouring areas can be truly inclusive events. People with disabilities will not be limited in the places they can go to and the time they spend at an event. It will broaden their world and maximise their participation and inclusion in sporting, cultural and recreational events
What is a Marveloo?
A Marveloo is mobile accessible restroom, which is larger than a standard accessible toilet. It has extra features and more space to help people with high-support needs.
When the Marveloo is not stationed at the Andy Arnold Centre in Bacchus Marsh, it can be hired out for festivals and events.
- Overhead ceiling hoist
- Height adjustable adult change table
- A fully accessible toilet
- Curtains for extra privacy
- Access ramp and automatic door
- Heating and cooling
- An external sunshade
Access to the Marveloo at the Andy Arnold Centre
A Master Locksmith Access Key (MLAK) is required to access the Marveloo. A key costs $20.
To obtain yours just follow this 3 easy steps:
- Download and complete the MLAK Order Form
- Gather supporting documentation and payment details and email completed form to the National Master Locksmiths
- Wait for your key to be posted to you
Documentation can include a letter from a doctor, disability organisation, disability card or parking permit.
For urgent use
- There is a key in a lockbox near the entrance to the Andy Arnold Centre which you can open with a code
- To get the code you can call our Oncall number on 0409 138 201
- Please leave the key back in the lockbox after use
Conditions of hiring
- If you are hiring the Marveloo you are required to provide your own sling
- Please check that the sling is compatible prior to use with the Eclipse 100 Series ceiling hoist
- As a hirer you are required to pay for costs associated with emptying the effluent tank, which must be done at the end of each event day prior to pick up of Marveloo
- There is one Marveloo available for hire 7 days a week. Hirers are also required to comply with the Terms and Conditions of Hire, by signing a Hire Agreement Form prior to use.
Please contact Council if you are interested in hiring the Marveloo.
Delivery of Marveloo
Transport of the Marveloo is provided by Nunn Bros Haulage and it is a condition of hire that this company is used. Council will cover the cost of the transport of the Marveloo to community events and includes:
- Use of Marveloo for the required hire period
- Delivery and pick up
- Installation and ramp
- Toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, disinfectant wipes and garbage bags
- Delivery is between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. Weekend deliveries are also available at an additional cost
- All deliveries beyond Moorabool will incur a transport fee and a quote will be provided
Marveloo meets Australian Design Standards for access and mobility and is fully compliant with a range of legislation, including the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.