Council elections were held in October 2020.
7 councillors were elected to form the Council from 2020 until 2024.
Local Government Elections 2020
Local government elections were held across Victoria during October 2020 during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The elections were conducted by the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) on Saturday 24 October 2020 and entirely by postal voting. The VEC is the statutory election service provider for these elections, principally under the Local Government Act 2020 (LG Act).
To learn more about the local Council Election visit Council's profile page.
Mandatory candidate training
For the first time, local government candidates were required to complete mandatory training to be eligible to nominate.
The training covered vital information about being a councillor, including:
- conflict of interest information
- code of conduct
- available support to do the role
The mandatory course was introduced in the Local Government Act 2020 to ensure candidates understand the role of councillor and the standards they are expected to uphold if elected. This training was presented by Local Government Victoria
Visit the visit Local Government Victoria website.
Call the Governance Department on 5366 7100.
Election period policy
Council has adopted an Election Period Policy which sets out the restrictions, requirements, and expectations that apply during the period leading up to an election.
To request a hard copy of the policy please contact us.
Entitlement to vote
You can apply to be a council-enrolled voter if you:
- pay rates on a property within the council area but do not reside within the council area and were not on the council roll for the most recent election or by-election
- are not an Australian citizen, but you live in and pay rates for a property in the council area
- pay rates on a property you occupy within the council area and have no other entitlement to vote in the council’s elections
- are a director or company secretary of a corporation that pays rates on a property within the council area and have no other entitlement to vote in the council’s elections.
To check if you are a council-enrolled voter or to apply to enrol, please contact Council.
Campaign Donations Return summary
Download a copy of the 2020 General Council Election - Campaign Donation Returns Summary