Council holds regular Council meetings throughout the year at Council Chambers in Ballan.
In accordance with s.395 of the Local Government Act 2020, Wednesday's Special Meeting of Council will not be available for public attendance, however, will be streamed live via the following link:
COVID-19 impact to Council meetings
Due to the current restrictions all Council Meetings are being conducted via online platforms.
A link to the next Ordinary Meeting of Council will be available on our Facebook page and on Council's website.
Meeting schedule and details
- Ordinary Meetings of Council are held on the first Wednesday of each month (excluding January). All meetings commence at 6.00 pm
- Special Meetings of Council are held throughout the year as required by Council in order to make decisions to very stringent timelines
- Special Meetings of Council are held in accordance with Section 61 of the Local Government Act 2020 and Part 3.3.4 of Council's Governance Rules
- Special Meetings usually take place in either Ballan or Bacchus Marsh but are currently held online due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Our meeting framework has been implemented for the efficient and effective conduct of Council business
- The framework allows for a transparent and interactive decision making process and provides an opportunity for the community to participate
- Members of the community are always welcome and encouraged to attend any public meetings of Council
- All meetings are advertised on the Council page in the Moorabool News and other local or regional newspapers as required
- Council's Governance Rules stipulate the procedures governing the conduct of Council meetings and Special Committee meetings
2021 Ordinary Council Meeting dates
- 3 February 2021
- 3 March 2021
- 7 April 2021
- 5 May 2021
- 2 June 2021
- 7 July 2021
- 4 August 2021
- 1 September 2021
- 6 October 2021
- 3 November 2021
- 1 December 2021
Public Question Time
Public question time provides the public with an opportunity to address general questions to Council at an Ordinary Meeting each month.
Please submit your questions in writing using the 'Public Question Time Form'.
The form also contains information about procedural guidelines.