Council holds regular Council meetings throughout the year at Council Chambers in Ballan.
In accordance with s.395 of the Local Government Act 2020, tonight's Ordinary Meeting of Council will not be available for public attendance, however, will be streamed live via the following link:
COVID-19 impact to Council meetings
Due to the current restrictions all Council Meetings are being conducted via online platforms.
A link to the next Ordinary Meeting of Council will be available on our Facebook and on the Homepage.
Meeting schedule and details
- Ordinary Meetings of Council are held on the first Wednesday of each month (excluding January). All meetings commence at 6.00 pm
- Special Meetings of Council are held throughout the year as required by Council in order to make decisions to very stringent timelines
- Special Meetings of Council are held in accordance with Section 84 of the Local Government Act 1989 and Part 13 of the Local Law No. 9 Meeting Procedure Local Law
- Special Meetings usually take place in either Ballan or Bacchus Marsh but are currently held online due to the restrictions
- Our meeting framework has been implemented for the efficient and effective conduct of Council business
- The framework allows for a transparent and interactive decision making process and provides an opportunity for the community to participate
- Members of the community are always welcome and encouraged to attend any public meetings of Council
- All meetings are advertised on the Council page in the Moorabool News and other local or regional newspapers as required
- Council's Meeting Procedures Local Law No. 9. stipulates the procedures governing the conduct of Council meetings and Special Committee meetings
2020 Ordinary Council Meeting dates
- 5 February 2020
- 4 March 2020
- 1 April 2020
- 6 May 2020
- 3 June 2020
- 1 July 2020
- 5 August 2020
- 2 September 2020
- 7 October 2020
- 11 November 2020
- 2 December 2020
Public Question Time
Public question time provides the public with an opportunity to address general questions to Council at an Ordinary Meeting each month.
The form also contains information about procedural guidelines.