Street, footpath and stormwater drainage cleaning
Council is responsible for cleaning maintenance services for a variety of Council assets to provide a clean, safe and attractive environment for both residents and visitors.
However, it is the landowner is responsible to maintain the drainage from the private property to the legal point of discharge.
View the Street Cleaning Maintenance Management Plan.(PDF, 413KB)
This plan divides the maintenance activities into the following categories:
- Street sweeping/cleaning
- Footpath sweeping/cleaning
- Stormwater drainage cleaning
The services are scheduled to occur at set frequencies depending on need.
Forecast improvements from the Plan include:
- Aesthetics – areas that are well maintained
- Safety – areas that are safe and trafficable
- Cleanliness – areas that are kept neat and tidy, unrestricted by rubbish
- Environmental – minimisation of rubbish and loose litter entering waterways
- Risk – minimisation of drain blockages and localised flooding