Currently, there are only four reasons to leave home in Moorabool: for food and essential supplies; for study or work; for care and healthcare; and for exercise or outdoor recreation.

Fire Prevention

Share Tweet Print More Options

Burning Off

Burning off is restricted in certain areas of Moorabool Shire and during the Declared Fire Danger Period. Residents need to apply for a permit prior to light any fires. You are not allowed to burn household rubbish, building waste or noxious materials like tyres or chemicals.

Fire Danger Period

The lighting of fires is restricted during the Declared Fire Danger Period. Residents need to check the CFA website or contact us to find out if restrictions are in force. This information is also displayed in local newspapers. Local Law permits to burn will not be issued at this time.

Declared Fire Season by Muncipality.

Local Law Part 2 - Open Air Burning

Residents may apply for a Local Law Permit to burn outside of the Declared Fire Danger Period.

Apply for a Local Law Permit to Burn (DOCX, 15.8 KB)

Country Fire Authority Regulations 2004 S.R. No. 9/2004 - Schedule 13

(For use during the fire season as declared by the Country Fire Authority)

Schedule 13 permits may be issued during the Declared Fire Danger Period. These permits are only issued for agricultural purposes (stubble burning).

Apply for a Schedule 13 Permit (DOCX, 17.01 KB)

There is further information about fire preparedness on the CFA website.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Whose responsibility is it to maintain the grass / fire hazards on the nature strip?

    The Land Owner is responsibe to maintain the grass / fire hazards on the nature strip.

  • If you would like to have a fire notice - works completion date extended can this be arranged?

    If you contact the Municipal Fire Prevention Officer at Moorabool Shire you can discuss your situation and request an extension.

  • Can I report someones property as a fire risk?

    Reports of Unsightly Land which relate to Long Grass in residential (House or Vacant Residential Block) areas, can be reported as a Fire Prevention / Hazard to the Municipal Fire Prevention Officer, however, if this property is being reported for the risk of snake infestation only, this is not handled by Council and landowners are responsible to remove or pay for the removal of snakes via a snake catcher from private property. 

Last Updated:

Wednesday, 25 May, 2016 - 15:15