Your bins have a dark green body with:
- a red lid for garbage
- a yellow lid for recycling
- a lime green lid for green waste
- The size of your bins depend on where you live in the shire
- Recycling bins are Council property and must be left behind if you move to a new house
- Classified as Bacchus Marsh, Darley, Maddingley, Hopetoun Park, Ballan Township
- Compulsory 120L garbage (weekly collection)
- Compulsory 240L recycling (fortnightly collection)
- Optional 240L green waste (fortnightly collection)
- Classified as Townships and Rural Living Zones
- Compulsory 240L garbage (fortnightly collection)
- 240L recycling (fortnightly collection)
If you live in a non-compulsory area, you have the option to:
- Use Council’s 240L garbage and 240L recycling collected fortnightly
- Manage waste though a private company, or
- Buy Transfer Station Vouchers from Council
Non-service areas (no Council service available)
If you live in a non-service area, you have the option to:
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I correctly put out my bin?
- Put your bin out after 4 pm the day before collection or before 6 am on your collection day
- Place your bins near the kerb or roadside, at least one metre apart and facing the road
- Avoid putting your bin behind a parked car or too close to overhanging trees and branches
- Please do not overfill or compact the contents of your bins. We are unable to empty jammed bins
- Bring your emptied bin back in on the same day
What happens if my bin has been half-emptied?
Overfilling or compacting materials into the bin generally cause half-emptied bins.
Separate the remaining materials in the bin and report the half-emptied bin to Council.
All half-emptied bin requests are recorded by Council and will not return to properties who repeatedly overfill or compact their bins.
Can property owners apply for multiple waste services?
Yes, eligible property owners can apply for multiple / additional kerbside garbage, recycling and/or greenwaste services.
Complete the Waste Application form. The service fee for waste services is payable annually through property rates.
Note: garbage and recycling bins are provided as a package.
Are my bins collected on public holidays?
Collection services operate as per the usual schedule on all public holidays.
Council is pleased to have appointed JJ Richards as the shire's collection contractor for kerbside garbage, recycling and green waste.
A fleet of new trucks showcasing Moorabool Shire's natural beauty and stunning wildlife were included as part of the new contract.