Permit for roadside grazing (MSC Drought Declared)

Before allowing your cattle to graze on the roadside in a drought-declared area, you must first apply for a permit. 

Find the permit application here.(PDF, 90KB)

Permit conditions: 

• The owner of the livestock must have a current Public Liability Insurance Certificate indemnifying the Shire to the value of $10,000,000 of which a copy must be forwarded to the Shire for each year the applicant intends to continue the use of this Permit.

• Temporary fencing to be lightweight material not steel posts. If electrification is used appropriate signage is required. Fencing must be stock proof. • Appropriate signage must be displayed at all times advising others of the grazing in permit area.

• Temporary fencing must be off the road. A minimum of 3 metres from the edge of the road.

• A permit holder can only graze outside their own property • Any stock found outside the roadside grazing area specified on the permit will be impounded and the permit will be revoked.

• A plan must be provided showing the proposed area to be fenced and grazed • Livestock to be placed back inside the property each evening before dusk.

• It is the responsibility of the permit holder to renew their permit prior to the permit expiry date located on the permit.

• Must comply with all requirements of Moorabool Shire Council Community Local Law No.1 2019 and all other applicable legislation

• Failure to comply with any of the above conditions or directions of Council Officers may void this Permit and immediate infringement notice may be issued. Please note this Permit will be subject to periodic reviews and can be cancelled or carried out at any time.