When you apply to register your food business with Council, you will be charged two fees:
- A once-off establishment fee
- A registration fee
The charge for the establishment fee is:
- $253.40 for a fixed premises
- $126.70 for a home business
The registration fee depends on the risk classification of your ingredients and/or if you are serving food to vulnerable people:
- Class 1 (eg. hospitals, childcare, aged care): $738.00
- Class 2 (eg. restaurants, cafes, catering, cakes with fresh cream): $738.00
- Class 3 (eg. high-risk packaged or shelf stable products): $519.10
- Class 3A (eg. a home business making food products such as jams, accommodation getaways that cook-serve food): $519.10
- Class 4: no registration fee
Please be aware that Council's registration fees are pro rata and may differ depending on when the application is submitted to Council.
These fees are current as at 1 July 2023. Fees are updated every financial year.