Specialist consultants

Are you applying for a planning permit, a septic (Onsite Wastewater Management S) permit, a building permit, or considering subdivision? You will probably need to consult a qualified specialist. 

Planning Consultants

Can help you:

  • Prepare and lodge a planning permit application.
  • Provide advice and recommendations on town planning.
  • Prepare and lodge a submission or objection to an application.
  • Represent you in appealing a planning permit decision at VCAT.

Search online for planning consultants near you.

Building Surveyors

Can help you :

  • Get a building permit. Private building surveyors not Council issue Building Permits.
  • Provide advice on construction standards and requirements.

  Search online for private building surveyors near you. You can also visit the Victorian Building Authority website for further information.

Geotechnical Engineers

Can help you:

  • Prepare a Land Capability Assessment (LCA) for development applications in unsewered areas. 
  • Prepare soil classification and other technical studies of the land.
  • Provide advice about septic system siting and constraints.

Contact us to speak with the Planning team to receive a list of geotechnical engineers.

Bushfire Management Assessors

Can help you:

  • Prepare reports for a planning permit application if you are in a Bushfire Management Overlay (bushfire hazard site/landscape assessment and bushfire management statement) commonly known collectively as a bushfire management statement (BMS) which includes bushfire management plan (BMP).
  • Provide advice on siting, development, and construction requirements to achieve bushfire safety.

Fire Protection Association Australia (FPA Australia) is the national peak body for fire safety, and can provide a list of Bushfire Management Assessors who can assist you. 

The BPAD Scheme accredits individual practitioners who offer bushfire assessment, planning, design and advice services. It accredits practitioners who meet criteria based on specific accreditation and competency requirements, including a detailed knowledge of the relevant planning, development, and building legislation for each State and Territory.

Search for BPAD practitioners with the following criteria:

Type of work: Bushfire Consultants (BPAD)
Products and Services: Level 2 – Bushfire Planning Practitioner (Prescriptive)

Search for Level 2 BPAD Practitioner on the FPAA website

This search brings up the consultants who can assist. 

Licensed Surveyors

Can help you:

  • Re-establishment survey to determine correct boundaries where there is uncertainty.
  • Prepare new plans of subdivision including changes to easements, envelopes, or restrictions.
  • Help you prepare and submit subdivision applications (Planning and Certification stages).

Contact us to speak with the Planning team to receive a list of licensed surveyors.