Specialist consultants

Are you applying for a planning permit, a septic permit, a building permit, or considering subdivision? You will probably need specialised professional help. Council can't do this for you, but we can offer some consultants to start with.

Disclaimer: All consultants listed are independent and Council is not liable for any information they provide to applicants.

Professional Planning Consultants

Can help you:

  • Prepare and lodge a planning permit application.
  • Provide advice and recommendations on town planning.
  • Prepare and lodge a submission or objection to an application.
  • Represent you in appealing a planning permit decision at VCAT.

We cannot provide a list of planning consultants, so try talking to friends or family. The Planning Institute of Australia has a directory of some planners available here.

Building Surveyors

Can help you :

  • Get a building permit. Private building surveyors issue Building Permit , not Council.
  • Provide advice on construction standards and requirements.

We cannot provide a list of surveyors, so try talking to friends or family, or your builder may have a preferred surveyor. 

Geotechnical Engineers

Can help you:

  • Prepare a Land Capability Assessment (LCA) for a planning permit application if you are in an Environmental Significance Overlay Schedule 1 or most Rural Conservation Zones or for a septic installation/alteration permit application.
  • Prepare soil classifications and other technical studies of the land.
  • Provide advice about septic system siting and constraints.

Search for a geotechnical consultant(DOCX, 35KB)

Bushfire Management Assessors

Can help you:

  • Prepare reports for a planning permit application if you are in a Bushfire Management Overlay (bushfire hazard site/landscape assessment and bushfire management statement) commonly known collectively as a bushfire management statement (BMS) which includes bushfire management plan (BMP).
  • Provide advice on siting, development, and construction requirements to achieve bushfire safety.

Fire Protection Association Australia

Fire Protection Association Australia (FPA Australia) is the national peak body for fire safety, supporting and representing the fire protection industry.  It is a not-for-profit organisation and charitable institution that seeks to improve community safety, and its members are drawn from some of the leading companies and organisations within the sector, who offer a range of fire protection services. 

The BPAD Scheme accredits individual practitioners who offer bushfire assessment, planning, design and advice services. It accredits practitioners who meet criteria based on specific accreditation and competency requirements, including a detailed knowledge of the relevant planning, development and building legislation for each State and Territory.

To search for BPAD practitioners who offers services in the Moorabool Shire the following criteria apply:

Type of work: Bushfire Consultants (BPAD)
Products and Services: Level 2 – Bushfire Planning Practitioner (Prescriptive)

This search brings up the consultants that operate in Moorabool.

Search for a bushfire consultant on the Fire Protections Association of Australia site.

Licensed Surveyors

Can help you:

  • Re-establishment survey to determine correct boundaries where there is uncertainty.
  • Prepare new plans of subdivision including changes to easements, envelopes, or restrictions.
  • Help you prepare and submit subdivision applications (Planning and Certification stages).

Search for a licensed surveyor(DOCX, 33KB)