The State Government provides a rate rebate for Victorian property owners who hold an eligible pension concession card.
The 2023/24 municipal rates concession provides a rebate of up to 50% of rates charges, to a maximum rebate of $303.20
Which concession cards are eligible?
- Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – War Widow (WW)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
Other eligibility criteria
- You can only claim a concession for one property, which must be your principle place of residence;
- Your eligible card must be valid at the time of application;
- You must be the person responsible for the payment of the account;
- Your name must be on the account;
- Your name and address on the account must match the concession card details.
How do I apply?
To apply, follow the steps below. If you have any difficulty accessing the form, or completing the application process, contact our customer service team for support.
What happens next?
Once we receive your application, we will check your concession card details with Centrelink and apply the concession to your bill.
For further information regarding the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing or the municipal rates concession, please visit the Department’s website.