Pay an infringement

If you receive an infringement notice, you need to pay by the due date on the notice to avoid extra costs.

After the due date on the infringement notice we will send you a reminder, requiring payment plus costs. If still unpaid, the matter may be referred to Fines Victoria or the Magistrates' Court resulting in a higher fee and more costs. 

We issue infringement notices for offences, such as (but not limited to)

  • illegal parking
  • failure to register a cat or dog
  • finding dog at large or cat during curfew hours
  • failure to comply with local laws
  • failure to comply with fire prevention requirements
  • infringements issued due to failure to comply with the Food Act 1984, Environment Protection Act 2017 and/or the Tobacco Act 1987
  • breach of any permit conditions
  • vegetation removal
  • dumping of rubbish

How do I pay?

Infringements cannot be paid at Australia Post or via BPAY at this time. You can pay using any of the below methods:


You can call our customer service team and pay over the phone with a credit or debit card.

Call us on 03 5366 7100

In person

You can attend one of our 3 council offices:

Payment can be made by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card.

Ballan Office
15 Stead Street, Ballan
Open: Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 5pm

Darley Civic and Community Hub
182 Halletts Way, Darley
Open: Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 5pm

Lerderderg Library 
215 Main Street, Bacchus Marsh
Open: Mon - Fri 8.30am - 5pm
                     Sat 9am - 2pm


You can mail a cheque to us at PO Box 18, Ballan VIC 3342.


What if I can't afford to pay?

If you are experiencing financial hardship and are unable to make payment by the due date, you may be eligible for a payment plan. If you wish to apply or for more information please call us on (03) 5366 7100 prior to the due date.


What if I want to appeal the infringement?

Appeals must be lodged in writing by the due date on the infringement notice. For more information please go to the Request an infringement review page.