This page will be updated in the event of an emergency situation in Moorabool Shire Council. To report an emergency, please call Triple Zero (000).
Council is providing a range of support in relation to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
The purpose of the COVIDSafe app is to find close contacts of COVID-19 cases. According to the Federal Government, the app helps state and territory health officials to quickly contact people who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
CHANGES TO COUNCIL SERVICES
Lawn-mowing and slashing on Council reserves, works on our roads and parks and gardens work is continuing throughout the Shire, while adhering to government regulations.
In line with Commonwealth and Victorian government easing of COVID-19 related restrictions, Council is working closely with state sporting associations to implement consistent return to play protocols for local sporting/recreation clubs/associations. These processes and resources will assist all groups to safely transition back into Council facilities and once again provide valuable community programs.
Council is finalising the protocols and required procedures to ensure we make it as easy as possible for our community to comply with the safety procedures and we will be in contact with your club/association in the coming days.
For the most up-to-date information relating to Victorian government advice, please visit DHHS 'Can I use sports club facilities' and 'Sport and Recreation gets ready to return to play'.
Council has closed:
- BMX facilities
- Face to face customer service at Ballan, Darley and Lerderderg Library
- Ballan Library
- Lerderderg Library (including hiring of the meeting rooms)
- Our Library van service
- Occasional Care, Darley Early Years Hub
- Senior Citizens Centres
- QUAMBY room programs
- Visitor Information Centre, Bacchus Marsh
- Bacchus Marsh Leisure Centre (including exercise classes)
- The Hub and Pavilion rooms at Darley will be unavailable for public hire
- Committee of Management-run recreation facilities will not take bookings for sports/event hire
While residents will not be able to attend our customer service centres in person, they can still contact our customer service team via:
- Phone (5366 7100)
- Email (email@example.com)
- Facebook (Moorabool Shire Council)
- Twitter (@mooraboolshire
Should residents require face to face communication they can phone 5366 7100 and an appointment will be made.
Payments for Council-issued bills can be paid over the phone with a credit card. Alternatively, most bills are able to be paid via B-pay or at the post office.
More information on making payments during the closure:
There are no re-opening dates set at this time, as Council continues to monitor the situation and work closely with State Government departments.
The following services will remain open for now and continue to be reviewed – any customers feeling unwell should stay away:
- Supported Playgroups - Phone and video 1:1 and small group sessions
- Maternal & Child Health - Phone and video consultation
- Youth Services – Phone, video and online contact, 1:1 and group sessions
- Food provision - Reduction in service
- Environmental Health - Reduced general duties
- Home Based Care - Modified domestic assistance; unaccompanied shopping
- Waste & Recycling Services - No cash payments; EFTPOS only
- Customer Service Centres - No face to face contact
- Strategic & Statutory Planning- No face to face contact; impacts on community consultation; planning enforcement impacted
- Emergency Management - Full time focus on COVID-19; reduced general duties
- Libraries Online - services where possible; home library service continues
The financial assistance form can be filled in online: https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Dp6aVOqvNEGojGPqVGmhfVXC5P8pDohPkwpve_YZmFFUQVlUVFc4QlU0RU5UMzY1QVlTUEc5Qkc1QS4u
INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES
All information for businesses can be found on our Information For Businesses During Coronavirus page