Registering a temporary or mobile food business

If you operate a temporary or mobile food business, whether it is a market stall, a food van, or a vending machine your business is required to be registered through FoodTrader. If you are preparing or storing any food for your temporary or mobile food business at home, you must also register your home with Council.

FoodTrader is a website where you can:

  • Apply to register or notify Council.
  • Advise any Victorian council when you are trading in their municipality.
  • Manage your business’s details and activities.

Please be advised that lodging a statement of trade on FoodTrader does not grant permission to operate at that location. Currently, Moorabool Shire Council assess trading on Council land on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to trade on Council land, please contact the Community Safety team to discuss. If you are operating on private property, a Planning permit may be required. Please be aware that the local laws may be different in other council areas and you will need to contact their Local Laws team or visit their website for more information.