Those planning commercial filming activities are required to apply for a permit for the use of a public space. This ensures the activity is in accordance with the regulations of Council.
Application fee: $0 - to ensure greater access to our wonderful locations we provide a 'no fees policy' for film permit processing.
A bond may be required and we will advise of this after receiving your application. Other fees that may apply include requests for reserved on-street parking.
Some of the Shire's key attractions include:
- Wombat State Forest
- Brisbane Ranges National Park
- Lerderderg State Park
- Werribee Gorge State Park
- Bacchus Marsh Avenue of Honour
Some areas in Moorabool Shire are managed by Parks Victoria and the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action (DEECA). In this instance, the film permit application must be made through these organisations rather than Council.
How to apply
What happens next?
Once you have submitted for your film permit application:
- We will respond to your application within five business days of receiving it. However, if we need to make complex arrangements for your filming activity it may take us more than five days to issue a permit.
- If approved, your permit will be emailed to you.