Does your property share a fence with Council land?

Start typing your address then select from the list of addresses or zoom into the desired location and click within the map.

In this map, it will indicate if you share a fence line with Council-owned land. 

It is important to note, that where the land is used as a public reserve (walkways, road reserves, tree reserves) or a public park, Council is exempt from paying half a fence cost as it is not considered to be an ‘owner’ but a custodian or trustee for the public.

In these situations, Council is not required to make a contribution towards the cost of a new fence, fence repairs or removal of graffiti.