If there are any changes to the physical characteristics of a property, it may become subject to a supplementary valuation by Council’s contract valuer.
Physical characteristics include, but are not limited to:
- New house, shop, factory etc
- Extension to current house, shop, factory etc
- New outbuildings, carports, garages, etc
- Subdivision of land
- Acquisition of adjoining land
- Disposition of some land
- Change in use of part of the property
- Fire damage
A supplementary valuation may also be undertaken if it has been identified that there was an incorrect data element against the property which has an impact on the valuation, for example:
- Incorrect area of land or building
- Quality of land or building
When a supplementary valuation is completed, a pro rata supplementary rate is levied for the remainder of the current rating year.