Dead animal on public land

We remove dead animals from council property such as council roads and land, including parks and reserves.

For other roads such as highways and freeways contact VicRoads on 13 11 71

If there is a hazard such as an animal on a road, please call us on 5366 7100

Domestic pets 

If you find a cat, dog or other pet, the kind thing to do is to look at the collar and contact the pet owner to let them know so they can come and collect the pet. If the pet is not wearing a collar you can take the pet to the nearest vet who will scan for a microchip. If you would prefer not to do this and the pet is on a council road or land, report the issue to us and we will organise a microchip check and collection of the pet.


Report this to us via our online form

Report a dog or other animal issue


You can email us at


You can call us on 5366 7100

In person

You can visit any of our customer service locations at:

Ballan Office
15 Stead Street, Ballan
Open: Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm

Darley Civic and Community Hub 
182 Halletts Way, Darley
Open: Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm

Lerderderg Library 
215 Main Street, Bacchus Marsh
Open: Monday to Friday 8.30am-5pm
           Saturday 9am-2pm

By post

You can write to us and post to PO BOX 18, Ballan, Victoria 3342.