Am I entitled to a pension rebate?

For the 2021/22 financial year, the State Government provides a rate rebate for ratepayers who hold an eligible pension concession card of up to 50% to a maximum rebate of $247.00. 

What concession cards are eligible?

  • Pensioner Concession Card – issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – War Widow (WW)
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI).

What is the other criteria?

  • You can only claim a concession for one property, which must be your principle place of residence
  • Your eligible card must be valid at the time of application
  • You must be the person responsible for the payment of the account
  • Your name must be on the account
  • Your name and address on the account must match the concession card

How do I apply?

You can download the application from the below or call Council’s Customer Service team on 5366 7100 to have an application form mailed out.

For further information regarding the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing municipal rate rebate, please visit the Department’s website.