Find out how to get involved with social groups so you can enjoy outings, activities and make new friends. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, these programs have temporarily stopped. We are still providing ongoing support to our clients regularly.
Social support groups and programs
Remain active, independent and connected
If you are 65+ and would like to remain independent, active and stay connected, we run weekly social groups. The groups provide opportunities to enjoy outings, activities and make new friends.
Register yourself easily with My Aged Care
To access Aged Care help you need to complete a quick registration.
Once registered with My Aged Care, your needs will be reviewed by an Assessment Officer. You will then be provided with more information regarding suitable groups and activities.
What our support groups offer
- Activities to stimulate the mind, body and overall personal wellbeing
- All groups are run at venues as well as organised outings
- Accessibility for people with wheelchairs and other aids
- All groups will have morning tea and share a meal
- Staff are trained and will make the setting appropriate to everyone's needs
Participants can either self-transport to venues or can be picked up at home by bus and taken to the venue.
Social Support Volunteers
Volunteers are integral to the operation of our Social Support program. You can get involved in running group activities for older folk. If so please contact the team on 5366 1206.