Council is committed to encouraging young people and service providers to be actively involved in the development of programs and services that meet the needs of young people in the Shire.
Moorabool Youth Services provides a range of programs and activities in partnership with young people, schools, community groups and other agencies.
There are a range of activities, support services and programs available for youth in Moorabool! Whether you're into music, sport, events or just hanging out with friends, our youth services team has something for you. Our youth website will give you all the details you need to get involved in activities and find youth-related services.
The Youth Action Group (YAG) has been established as a result of Council’s commitment to ensuring that young people have a genuine opportunity to participate in the decision-making processes of Council.
Initially funded through a State Government grant, the Youth Action Group was adopted as part of the 2013 - 2016 Youth Strategy, which recommended that Council “establish a mechanism to assist young people to develop a Youth Charter which enables them to have a dialogue on issues that impact on them”. YAG has and will continue to consult with young people and the community to find out what young people see as important to them and work with Council to try to meet the identified youth needs. The Youth Action Group is open to all young people who are aged between 12 - 25 years who live, work or study in Moorabool Shire.
What the Youth Action Group have done to date:
- Consulted with 160 local young people and developed the Youth Charter for Moorabool Shire
- Applied for, and was granted funding to organise and run Youth Fest 2014
- Designed their own Logo, Badges and T-Shirts
- Met with the Governor of Victoria
- Undertaken courses including Food Handlers, First Aid and Public Speaking
- Applied for, and was granted funding to organise and run events during National Youth Week 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Organised the Youth Forum held during National Youth Week 2015
- Applied for, and was granted funding to organise and run the Mental Health Youth Forum 2018
- Continuous networking with Council units, Councillors, the Mayor of Moorabool Shire and external youth support agencies
- Awarded ‘The Mayors Award’ at the 2015 Moorabool Shire Youth Awards
- Attended leadership camps
- Advocated to local and State Government on issues affecting local young people in regards to transport and safety
- Provided advice to Council on the Youth Strategy 2018 - 2021
The Youth Action Group currently meets fortnightly on Thursdays from 4pm - 5pm at the Lerderderg Library, Bacchus Marsh. If you are interested in the Youth Action Group or would like more information, you may contact the Youth Services team. Email: email@example.com Phone: 5366 7100 Facebook: www.facebook.com/mooraboolyouthservices Instagram: mooraboolyouthservices Snapchat: msyouthservices
Studio 22 is a place for young people aged 12-18 years which is supervised by the Youth Services Team. There is heaps to do and lots of fun, video games, art and craft, shoot hoops, nail art, and lots more. No need to book during school terms, just complete the permission form and either email back to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it along with you on the day.
All young people in Moorabool are invited to come along, enjoy the activities and talk to us about the things you would like to see happening in Moorabool for young people.
Keep an eye on the Facebook page for detailed info: www.facebook.com/mooraboolyouthservices
Open during school terms: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 3.30pm - 6.00pm
Studio 22 is located at the Council Offices and Community Hub 182 Hallett’s Way Darley, enter via gate 3.
YOUTH SPACE for young people aged 12 - 18 years (or in Grade 6 Term 4).
VIDEO GAMES - HOMEWORK & JOB SEARCH SUPPORT - POOL TABLE - AIR HOCKEY - BOARD GAMES - SPORTS - COOKING ACTIVITIES - ART - AND MORE!
Got questions? Need more info? Contact email@example.com or call 5366 7100.