Council is committed to supporting young people and encouraging young people and service providers to be actively involved in the development of programs and services that meet the needs of young people in the Shire.
Moorabool Youth Services provides a range of programs and activities in partnership with young people, schools, community groups and other agencies.
There are a range of activities, support services and programs available for youth in Moorabool! Whether you're into music, sport, events or just hanging out with friends, our youth services team has something for you. Our youth website will give you all the details you need to get involved in activities and find youth-related services.
The Youth Action Group (YAG) has been established as a result of Council’s commitment to ensuring that young people have a genuine opportunity to participate in the decision-making processes of Council.
Initially funded through a State Government grant, the Youth Action Group was adopted as part of the 2013 - 2016 Youth Strategy, which recommended that Council “establish a mechanism to assist young people to develop a Youth Charter which enables them to have a dialogue on issues that impact on them”. YAG has and will continue to consult with young people and the community to find out what young people see as important to them and work with Council to try to meet the identified youth needs. The Youth Action Group is open to all young people who are aged between 12 - 25 years who live, work or study in Moorabool Shire.
What the Youth Action Group have done to date:
- Consulted with 160 local young people and developed the Youth Charter for Moorabool Shire
- Applied for, and was granted funding to organise and run Youth Fest 2014
- Designed their own Logo, Badges and T-Shirts
- Met with the Governor of Victoria
- Undertaken courses including Food Handlers, First Aid and Public Speaking
- Applied for, and was granted funding to organise and run events during National Youth Week 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Organised the Youth Forum held during National Youth Week 2015
- Applied for, and was granted funding to organise and run the Mental Health Youth Forum 2018
- Continuous networking with Council units, Councillors, the Mayor of Moorabool Shire and external youth support agencies
- Awarded ‘The Mayors Award’ at the 2015 Moorabool Shire Youth Awards
- Attended leadership camps
- Advocated to local and State Government on issues affecting local young people in regards to transport and safety
- Provided advice to Council on the Youth Strategy 2018 - 2021
The Youth Action Group currently meets fortnightly on Tuesday from 4pm - 5.30pm at the Lerderderg Library, Bacchus Marsh. If you are interested in the Youth Action Group or would like more information, you may contact the Youth Services team.
What is Studio 22?
Studio 22 is a Youth space for young people aged 12 - 17 years (or in Grade 6 Term 4) which is supervised by qualified youth workers
There is heaps to do and its lots of fun! PS4, computers, art and craft, shoot hoops, nail art, homework, chat to a youth worker or just hang out. No need to book during school terms, just complete the permission form attached and either email back to youth services or bring it along with you on the day. Permission form can also be downloaded from the Moorabool Shire Council website, under Youth.
Studio 22 is open on a Monday and Wednesday from 3.30pm-6.00pm during school terms.
Studio 22 is located at the Darley Civic& Community Hub behind the main Council building @ 182 Hallett’s Way Darley, enter via gate 3.
What is boys and girls night in?
From time to time we run Boys and Girls nights-in.
Boys night is for males only and Girl’s nights-in for females only.
Our Teenage Holiday Program is an inclusive program for young people aged 12-17 years (secondary school). It provides young people with a range of fun activities to do during school holidays.
There is lots for young people to do during the September school holidays!
Please check details on the flyers for more information or contact Moorabool Youth Services at email@example.com for more info.
Monday 23 September Studio 22 Bookings: Not required
Wednesday 25 September Luna Park Bookings: https://www.trybooking.com/BFHFX
Monday 30 September Sports day @ BM Leisure Centre Bookings: Not required
Wednesday 2 October Skate Workshop & Studio 22 Bookings: Not required
Need more info?
Keep an eye on the Facebook page for detailed info: www.facebook.com/mooraboolyouthservices You can also find us on Instagram: mooraboolyouthservices Snapchat: msyouthservices
Got questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 5366 7100.