Djerriwarrh Health Service is working with Moorabool Shire Council to facilitate a community that is dementia friendly. Nominations to be part of a Bacchus Marsh Dementia Alliance were sought from Bacchus Marsh residents with dementia, carers, community organisations, sporting clubs, local businesses, service clubs, places of worship and other bodies interested in creating a more inclusive municipality. The inaugural meeting of the Bacchus Marsh Dementia Alliance was held on Tuesday 19 June with the purpose of improving dementia awareness in the community and reduce the stigma associated with dementia, enabling people living with dementia to remain actively involved in the community.
Dementia Australia is starting a social revolution by asking as many people as possible to sign up to becoming a dementia friend. The online training consists of 3 modules that take about 5 minutes each. For more information about this initiative please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I encourage you to watch this........please take 20 minutes out of your day to listen to community members Peter and Anneli Rickards who generously gave us an insight into their personal journey living with dementia from their perspective.
Bacchus Marsh Dementia Friendly Alliance
- Terms of reference of the Bacchus Marsh Dementia Friendly Alliance
- Agenda and Minutes of the Alliance meetings
- 2020 DRAFT Dementia Alliance workplan
- Alliance work plan and our Dementia Australia certificate showing that the alliance is working towards a dementia friendy community. Formal plan
- Link to Dementia Australia website
- What if I want to join the alliance?
- How can I become a Dementia Friend. Moorabool Shire Councol currently have 80 staff signed up as dementia friends.
- A comprehensive guide to support people to live well with memory changes or dementia- see memory support guide
- Medical ID Bracelet Collection- Choose from a variety of versatile medical ID bracelets for men, women and kids. Medical alert bracelets provide critical information when you need it. ID bracelets
- Easy Tech living- personal alarm and GPS
- Dementia Friendly environments