Moorabool Shire Council has appointed ten older local residents to form a Positive Ageing Advisory Committee.
Our first meeting will be in June 2019 and information related to this group will be published on this page. See Positive Ageing Advisory Committee Terms of reference
The Committee will:
- Provide an opportunity for informed discussion on issues impacting upon older members;
- Increase community awareness of the needs of older members of the community;
- Review and make recommendations for the Age Well, Live Well and Access and Inclusion Strategy.
Council supports activities that encourage people to become involved in their community. Consider giving some of your time to volunteer, or visit places like men's sheds and community gardens, where you can mix with like-minded fellow residents.
Council can help you make a rewarding and valuable contribution to the Moorabool community. Volunteering offers lots of benefits to both you and the community. When you volunteer, you can:
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people and form new relationships
- Gain experience and expand your career choices
- Give back to the community
- Gain personal satisfaction
- Build self-confidence
- Have fun
It doesn’t matter if you can spare only a few hours a month, or if you are able to volunteer each week, all offers of assistance are very welcome.
Social Support Volunteers
Volunteers are crucial to the operation of our Social Support program. You might want to assist in our group activities for older folk. If so please contact the Co-ordinator on 5366 1206
Community directory for older people
Moorabool Shire Council Senior Citizen centres
|Bacchus Marsh Senior Citizens Centre||
10 Bennett Street
(03) 5367 3239
|Ballan Senior Citizens Club||
78 Steiglitz Street
(03) 5368 1598
|Blackwood Senior Citizens Club||
(03) 5368 6613
|Bungaree Senior Citizens Club||
Old Melbourne Road
(03) 5334 0454
Complaints and feedback- We always welcome constructive feedback. Please see the feedback page for more information about how to provide feedback.