If you require a new permit, or need to renew or replace your existing permit, you will need to apply with the new application process.
Council has transitioned to the new Accessible Parking Permit (APP) scheme along with 79 other Victorian Councils. The new scheme means that if you require a new permit, or need to renew or replace your existing permit, you will need to apply with the new application process.
This year, Victorian councils transitioned to the new online scheme to provide residents an easier, streamlined online application process, that is consistent across the state.
In line with the new Accessible Parking Permit Scheme, we have removed the $11 application fee to make this permit even more affordable for residents.
How to apply
Individual applicant – renewing or applying for a new permit
1. Start your application online at accessibleparking.vic.gov.au
2. You’ll receive an application reference number via SMS
3. Take your reference number to your GP or occupational therapist
4. Your GP or occupational therapist will complete an online assessment and submit your application
For any questions or more information, please contact VicRoads.
New improvements to the process:
• introduction of temporary permits for 6, 12 or 24 months,
• increased permit length, from 3 years to 5 years for individuals
• introduction of a permanent disability classification, so reassessments are not required for some people’s future permit renewals,
• a new single and secure state-wide permit design that will reduce the misuse of permits,
• the inclusion of occupational therapists as assessors, in addition to GPs, and
• Double Time (green permits) and permits for organisations will continue under the new scheme.
The new permit also will better align with the COAG 2010 Australian Disability Parking Permit Scheme (ADPS).