Moorabool Shire Council has two separate grants programs that provide funding opportunities for groups and organisations for a range of different community projects within the Moorabool Shire.
The two separate grants programs are:
- Moorabool Shire Community Grants Program
- Moorabool Shire Community Development Fund
Moorabool Shire Community Grants Program
The Moorabool Shire Community Grants Program provides $140,000 annually to community groups and organisations to help support and enhance innovative community activities, projects and events. Groups can apply for grants across three different grant streams – Community Strengthening Grants, Arts Grants and Events Grants.
Community Strengthening Grants
- Community Programs, Activities or Initiatives (grants of up to $5000)
- Capital Improvements (grants of up to $5000)
- Small Projects (grants of up to $1,000)
Community Arts and Culture Grants
- Community arts projects, activities or initiatives that link artists, creators or practitioners, with local communities through small projects, publications, exhibitions, performances or other similar activities (grants of up to $3,000)
Community Events Grants
- Community Events that showcase local talent, provide public entertainment, foster community participation, connectedness and diversity (grants of up to $3,000
More information including eligibility criteria can be found in the Community Grant Program Guidelines Summer 2017.doc
For more information on completing an application please read FAQ Completing your Commuity Grant Application.docx
To preview the form click on Community Grant Application Form Summer 2017.doc
The Moorabool Shire Community Development Fund
The Moorabool Shire Community Development Fund is offered on a yearly basis as part of the Council’s Annual Budget process. A total of $100,000 is available to community groups/committees, community networks, progress groups and development associations as seed funding (and leverage for external funding opportunities) to support community infrastructure projects that have a significant impact on community development, liveability and wellbeing in the Shire.
Eligible groups and organisations can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for up to $25,000 funding with preference given to those who can demonstrate:
- a contribution toward the cost of the project by cash or in-kind support,
- the leveraging of funds to support external funding opportunities, a strategic basis – the project is detailed in a community plan, master plan or strategic plan.
More information including eligibility criteria can be found in the Community Development Fund Guidelines (DOC, 151.5 KB)