Find a Specialist Consultant

Share Tweet Print More Options

Some planning applications require technical reports including Land Capability Assessments, Bushfire Management Statements or Surveyed plans. Some applications might be complex and assistance may be provided by a professional consultant.

Professional Planning Consultants

Across Victoria there are many professional planning consultants, also known as Town Planners, who may be able to assist you with your application. However, Council is not able to provide a list of consultants.

Geotechnical Engineers

Search for Geotechincal Consultants (DOC, 36.89 KB) (soil tests, septic recommendations, waste water management, etc.). Land Capability Assessments, if requested by Council, must be prepared by a qualified Geotechnical Engineer.

Bushfire Management Assessors

Search for Bushfire Consultants (DOC, 61.5 KB) (buildings and works in a Bushfire Management Overlay). Note Bushfire Management Statements may be prepared by any person but must be in accordance with the relevant application requirements of Clause 53.02 Bushfire Planning of the Moorabool Planning Scheme.

Licensed Surveyors

Search for a Licensed Surveyors (DOC, 33.45 KB) (subdivision of land, preparation of titles) in regional Victoria. Note applications for subdivision of land may be prepared by any person but must be in accordance with the relevant zones, overlays, particular provisions and other policies as applicable under the Moorabool Planning Scheme. Applications to certify a plan of subdivision must be lodged by a Licensed Surveyor.

Disclaimer: All consultants listed are independent and Council is not liable for any information they provide to applicants.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is a Bushfire Management Statement (BMS)?

    A Bushfire Management Statement (BMS) is a written report which identifies what defendable space and construction requirements are required to meet the relevant objectives, standards and mandatory requirements of the Bushfire Management Overlay (BMO).

  • What happens to my application if there is public objection?

    Part of Council’s decision is to consider the merits of any community objection to an application. Applicants are informed of any objection and given an opportunity to meet with Officers and the community together. Applications with objections have a report prepared by the Officer for a decision under delegation of Council. Applicants are invited to formally address Councillors on why their application should be approved at a public meeting.

Last Updated:

Thursday, 26 May, 2016 - 15:38