Seek written advice from Council as to whether land use and/or development requires a planning permit.
Council provides general planning information in writing for a fee.
Written advice is often requested by building surveyors, architects and financial institutions whether a use and/or development of land requires a planning permit or what a property’s permit history is.
To obtain written advice you need to lodge a planning information request including:
- Your contact details
- Title details of the subject land (include a recent copy of title and title plan identifying the land)
- What advice is required (i.e. advice on planning controls, whether the land has any permits, etc.)
- Details of existing use and development
- Details of the proposed use and development (be specific i.e. size of works, purpose of works, whether vegetation is to be disturbed and a attach drawings)
- Receipt of the prescribed fee
Planning information requests are normally processed within 7-10 business days.
Lodge a Planning Information Request (DOC, 45.5KB)