Council advocates on behalf of our community for vital infrastructure projects that require additional funding and/or policy support in order to happen.
Council has recently endorsed the following top seven major projects for advocay:
- Bacchus Marsh Regional Community Sports Hub
- Sewering of Bungaree and Wallace
- Parwan Employment Precinct (including a draft, unendorsed Business Case)
- Bacchus Marsh Traffic (Grant Street/Gisborne Road)
- Victorian Motor Sports Hub - Fiskville
- Ballarat Rail Line Upgrades - Strategy for a High Performing Ballarat Line and Strategy for Managing Explosive Growth on the Melton/Bacchus Marsh Railway
- Services for our Growing Communities - Enhancing the health and wellbeing of people and communities in Moorabool
We have produced four short video vignettes that have been used to capture the attention of politicians and stakeholders when advocating for the region.
Grant St/Gisborne Rd Upgrades
Bacchus Marsh Community Regional Sports Hub
Parwan Employment Precinct
Sewering Bungaree and Wallace
Halletts Way Southern Extension Project
We also celebrate our advocacy wins!
The 1.4 kilometre Halletts Way/O’Leary Way southern extension was the largest infrastructure project undertaken by Moorabool Shire Council, resulting in a great asset for the community.
The key priority projects as at September, 2015 have been compiled into a comprehensive publication Moorabool Shire Council Key Priority Projects (PDF, 6 MB).
Highlights from our Directorates
Our Directorates have completed some amazing projects over the last 12 months. Watch the clips below to see what they've been up to.
Social and Organisational Development
Growth and Development