Located in Taverner Street, Bacchus Marsh, this planned Moorabool Aquatic and Recreation Centre (MARC) will include:
4-court Indoor sports stadium
Indoor aquatic centre
Regional bowls facility
Join the campaign for Moorabool Aquatic and Recreation Centre! View the advocacy toolkit here.
MARC will create more than 200 direct and indirect jobs during construction and generate more than $100M in economic activity during the life of the project. The precinct will add to other important recreation facilities in the area including Maddingley Park. Council is seeking to partner with the State and Federal Governments to make this game-changing sports and recreation precinct a reality.
Stage 1: Indoor Sports Stadium
A new 4-court indoor sports stadium will enable existing sports to expand and ensure a greater number of residents can participate in various levels of competition. The project includes:
- 4 indoor sports courts
- Community cafe and seating
- Public amennities
- Athlete and referee change rooms
- Administration office
- Merchandise area
Stage 2: Indoor Aquatic Centre
This project will upgrade the pool to a year-round multipurpose recreation centre, featuring aquatic, health, fitness and leisure facilities to meet community and visitor needs.
- 25 metre indoor lap pool
- A Leisure and Learn to swim pool
- Warm water program pool
- Changing facilities including family and accessible change rooms
- Spa, Steam and Sauna
- Café offering high-quality food with a large seating area
- Gym, group fitness and spin studios
- High priority disability access
- Multipurpose spaces
- Carparking and access requirements
Regional Bowls Facility
The merger between the Bacchus Marsh Bowling Club and Avenue Bowling Club provides an opportunity for the clubs to come together in a modern purpose-built facility in the heart of a major new sport and recreation precinct. The new facility will provide:
• Social/Bowling Club Facilities
• Commercial kitchen and bar
• Community function and meeting rooms
• Amenities to support the above facilities and bowling greens
• 2.5/3 new bowling greens
• All weather cover over one (possibly two) of the bowling greens
• Bowls Club storage
• Maintenance facilities for bowling greens
• Outdoor decking/dining
The above images are a designers visual interpretation of the Moorabool Aquatic and Recreation Centre (MARC).
For all enquiries regarding the tender process please contact email@example.com.