COVID-19 is causing unprecedented disruption for many local businesses. Council’s Economic Development team is here to support you. Check out some of the resources below.
Contact the Economic Development team
Phone: (03) 5366 7100
Stopping the spread
Keep up-to-date with the State Government's rules and regulations. Council’s Environmental Health Team can assist.
The following State Government agencies can help you further:
- The Department of Health and Human Services has also the current information on restrictions
- Business Victoria has a business support tool. Get access to support initiatives and financial support options
- The Victorian Government has launched the Upskill My Business platform. Get free access to top online short courses and training events to plan for a stronger future
- The Victorian Government’s mentoring program can help you refine your business strategy
Roadmap to COVID Normal
The third step to a COVID Normal will come into place starting at 11:59 pm on 16 September 2020.
In line with the lifting of restrictions, Premier Daniel Andrews announced the Victorian Government’s Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package of $87.5 million. Council is waiving outdoor dining permit fees for the hospitality industry until 30 June 2021. This announcement will further support businesses, where appropriate, to offer immediate outdoor dining options to increase their serving capacity.
Support packages and grants
Businesses are encouraged to explore the many support packages and grants available.
- Moorabool's Grant Hub
- Victorian Government Business Support Fund – Expansion
- Working for Victoria can help with finding jobs and recruiting staff
- Hospitality Business Grant Program
- Business mentoring for Victorian small businesses
- Australian Government has expanded its Rural Financial Counselling program until 30 June 2021
- Regional Tourism Accommodation Support Program to cover the cost of refunds
- Agriculture Workforce Plan provides support to agriculture, food processing, and critical food supply chain businesses
- Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Small Businesses
- Rural Financial Counselling Service WSW (Wimmera South West)
- Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package
Maximise your business
Industry councils and associations are providing free online courses, memberships, and practical information to help you maximise your business.
- Get practical help with free online courses, live and on-demand events.
- Council is pleased to present Shire businesses with two free opportunities to help you maximise awareness of your business.
Further advice and information available
- Business Victoria
- Australian Government Business department for the latest news on financial assistance
- Supporting the flow of credit is an initiative from the Australian Government, the Reserve Bank of Australia, and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- ATO can assist if you are experiencing difficulties in meeting your tax and super obligations
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry provides resources for business and have waived memberships for the first year
- Many financial institutions have set up dedicated hotlines for those impacted. A list of the major banks is below:
Moorabool Shire Council does not endorse the services provided above. It is for individuals and businesses to use their own skill and judgment to determine whether the services are appropriate. Any advice provided by the services is not the advice of Council. Council will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from businesses relying on advice provided by the services. The Council waives all liability (except for any liability that cannot be waived by law) for all losses including any direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by individuals or businesses that rely upon the information provided by the services.