With COVID-19 causing unprecedented disruption for many local businesses, Council’s Economic Development team is here to support you.
Contact the Economic Development team
Phone: (03) 5366 7100
Stopping the spread
Keep up-to-date with the State Government's rules and regulations. Council’s Environmental Health Team can assist.
The following State Government agencies can help you further:
- The Department of Health and Human Services has also the current information on restrictions
- Business Victoria has a business support tool. Get access to support initiatives and financial support options
- The Victorian Government has launched the Upskill My Business platform. Get free access to top online short courses and training events to plan for a stronger future
- The Victorian Government’s mentoring program can help you refine your business strategy
- Victorian business owners, their employees and business advisers can access the Partners in Wellbeing Helpline by calling 1300 375 330
- Every business across regional Victoria is now required to have a COVID-safe plan.
- Council is waiving outdoor dining permit fees for the hospitality industry until 30 June 2021. This announcement will further support businesses, where appropriate, to offer immediate outdoor dining options to increase their serving capacity.
- Victorian business owners across the state can now access a free QR Code Service which will help make things easy as we continue our economic recovery. These records help contact tracers in the event a positive case of coronavirus (COVID-19) is identified.
- Circuit breaker lockdown funding now avaliable for sole traders, restaurants, florists, confectioners, hairdressers, accommodation providers, musicians and performers – who incurred costs such as the loss of perishable goods, cancelled gigs and foregone trading.
Support packages and grants
Businesses are encouraged to explore the many support packages and grants available.
- Moorabool's Grant Hub
- Working for Victoria can help with finding jobs and recruiting staff
- Business mentoring for Victorian small businesses
- Australian Government has expanded its Rural Financial Counselling program until 30 June 2021
- Agriculture Workforce Plan provides support to agriculture, food processing, and critical food supply chain businesses
- Wellbeing and Mental Health Support for Victorian Small Businesses
- Rural Financial Counselling Service WSW (Wimmera South West)
- Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package
Maximise your business
Industry councils and associations are providing free online courses, memberships, and practical information to help you maximise your business.
- Get practical help with free online courses, live and on-demand events.
- Council is pleased to present Shire businesses with free opportunities to help you maximise awareness of your business.
Further advice and information available
- Business Victoria
- Australian Government Business department for the latest news on financial assistance
- Supporting the flow of credit is an initiative from the Australian Government, the Reserve Bank of Australia, and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- ATO can assist if you are experiencing difficulties in meeting your tax and super obligations
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry provides resources for business and have waived memberships for the first year
- Many financial institutions have set up dedicated hotlines for those impacted. A list of the major banks is below:
Please review the disclaimer prior to using the above services.