Information for Businesses
COVID-19 is causing unprecedented disruption for many local businesses across a wide range of industries. Below are resources that may assist you. Additionally, Council’s Economic Development Team are here to support small businesses during this time.
phone: (03) 5366 7100
Stopping the spread
Businesses are advised to keep up to date with the State Government's rules and regulations on operating, cleaning, disinfecting and social distancing. Council’s Environmental Health Team can assist as well.
Maximise your business
Industry councils and associations are providing free online courses, memberships and practical information to help you maximise your business.
- Get practical help with free online courses, live and on-demand events. A list of valuable workshops exploring starting your business, building resilience, marketing, finance, taking your business online and business planning can be found here and on Council’s events calendar.
- Council are pleased to present Shire businesses with two free opportunities to help you maximise awareness of your business. Click here for information on two free initiatives to help your business maximise visibility with travellers.
General COVID-19 advice and information
- The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to be kept up to date with current restrictions and advise.
Business during COVID-19 advice and information
- Business Victoria has comprehensive information to support business.
- Australian Government Business department features the latest news on financial assistance, eligibility and timing for new government support
- Supporting the flow of credit is an initiative from the Australian Government, the Reserve Bank of Australia, and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- ATO can assist if you are experiencing difficulties in meeting you tax and super obligations
- The Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry provides resources for business and have waived memberships for the first year.
- Many financial institutions have set up dedicated hotlines for those impacted. A list of the biggest banks is below:
- ANZ Bank(link is external) – 1800 252 845
- Commonwealth Bank Hardship(link is external) – 1300 720 814
- National Australia Bank Care(link is external) – 1800 701 599
- Bank of Queensland(link is external) – 1800 079 866
- Westpac Assist(link is external) – 1800 067 497
- Bank of Melbourne(link is external) – 1800 600 266
- Bendigo Bank(link is external) – Contact your Business Banker
Support packages and grants
Businesses are encouraged to explore the many support packages and grants available as a result of financial loss due to COVID-19.
- Moorabools Grant Hub has a capture of the many grants available.
- Victorian Government Business Support Fund – Expansion
- Working for Victoria initiative aims to help jobseekers find work and employers find workers