Home Care Packages program provides individualised packages of care to assist frail older residents to remain living at home for as long as possible.
Home Care Packages provide a co-ordinated package of services tailored to meet specific care needs. It's about empowering you to take control of your life with choice and flexibility.
There is a wide range of care and support services available so that you can remain living independently and achieve your identified goals. The types of services provided will depend on your needs.
Home Care Packages program provides individualised packages of care to assist frail older residents to remain living at home for as long as possible. Home Care Packages provide a co-ordinated package of services tailored to meet specific care needs. It's about empowering you to take control of your life with choice and flexibility.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages which are designed to give you the care you need now, but can also be changed if your needs increase later.
Home Care levels 1 and 2 help people with baisc or low level care needs. Levels 3 and 4 help people with intermediate to high care needs. The Australian Government pays a subsidy to an approved home care provider so that it can provide care and services to you. The amount of funding depends on the level of the Home Care Package that you are receiving.
A home care provider co-ordinates care and services, which may include:
- Case management (a Case Manager will assist you to develop a Goal Directed Care Plan. This Care Plan will outline the goals identified and how they will be met within the funding available from the package).
- Domestic assistance (cleaning, gardening, shopping assistance, assistance to pay bills, basic home maintenance)
- Personal care (assistance with showers and dressing, might be ongoing or post hospital admission)
- Community transport (to health care appointments, social activities)
- Medication management (dispensing and supervision via nursing service)
- Planned activity groups and community programs
If you live within Moorabool Shire and think that you may benefit from a Home Care Package, contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. You can also visit the My Aged Care website.
Your guide to Home care package services - see link
If eligible you will then be assessed by Grampians Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS). Direct ACAS contact details are below:
|Grampians ACAS Location||
George Skerritt West Wing
Phone (03) 5320 3740