Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Share Tweet Print More Options

The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page contains answers to commonly raised queries about the services offered by Moorabool Shire Council. Use the category dropdown to filter FAQs or enter keywords to search all FAQs.

  • How do I allow a family member or friend to discuss my rate account with Council?

    If you need Council to discuss your property details with somebody not registered you will need to send a letter or email to Council.

    The notification must be from the registered owner(s) stating that they authorise Council to discuss matters associated with their property with the name of the third party.

    When the registered owner of the property is no longer able to manage their own affairs, any client wishing to discuss the account with Council must provide documented evidence that they have the lawful ability to act on the person's behalf.

  • Why has the ownership information not been updated on the rate notice?


    When ownership of a property changes, the purchaser's solicitor will forward a Notice of Acquisition to Council. If this is not provided, the owner must provide supporting documentation from the Land Titles Office indicating ownership changes.

  • How do I change my mailing address or name?

    Property owners, ratepayers and animal owners are required to notify Council of any change to their mailing address in writing either by fax, email or mail.

    Alternatively, a notice of Change of Address (DOC, 43.5 KB) or Notice of Change of Name (DOC, 40 KB) form can be completed by the client and returned to Council.

    Non receipt of rate notices or delays in postal delivery, in many instances, are not the fault of Council, and therefore are not considered to be an acceptable reason for late payment of rates.