Consultation has concluded - Submissions Closed on the 10 August 2016. View the project update below.
Project Update – Outcome of the Youth Space Feasibility Study
Moorabool Shire Council engaged consultants Semann & Slattery to conduct the Youth Space/s Feasibility Study. The Aim of the study was to determine the feasibility of establishing a Youth Space/s in Moorabool. The Study examined the social and economic benefits, predicted usage, service model, management, funding options and resource implications.
A total of 532 people took part in the conversation, including 271 Young People, 232 Parents/Carers and 29 Service Providers.
The Youth Space Feasibility Study (PDF, 20 MB) went to the Ordinary Meeting of Council on September 7th 2016. At that meeting the following Resolutions were carried:
That the Council:
- Endorse the Youth Space/s Feasibility Study Report, which recommends a youth space be established at the Andy Arnold / Rotary Park Precinct in Bacchus Marsh.
- Refer the preparation of a master plan for the Andy Arnold/Rotary Park Precinct to the 2017/2018 budget process.
View the Youth Space Feasibility Study (PDF, 20 MB), it outlines the outcomes of the Study including the community engagement process and how your feedback influenced the final decisions.
At the Ordinary Meeting of Council held on the 6th of July 2016 Council endorsed the Draft Youth Space/s Feasibility Study (PDF, 1.43 MB) for the purpose of community exhibition for a period of four weeks.
The report explores the feasibility for a Youth Space/s and investigated the costs and benefits of the development of a youth space/s in Moorabool with reference to the following scope of works:
- Vision and principles to inform future decision making and provision of youth space/s;
- Social and economic benefits of a youth space/s;
- Predicted usage of proposed youth space;
- Investigation of an appropriate model for a youth space;
- Investigation of possible management and funding model;
- Investigation of a suitable location and concept plan; and
- Potential staging options and resource implications.
The Draft Youth Space/s Feasibility Study (PDF, 1.43 MB) is on exhibition from Wednesday 14th July until Wednesday 10th August for the community to provide feedback. We are therefore inviting feedback on the draft study during this time.
The Draft document can also be viewed in person at Council’s Customer Service Office’s:
- 15 Stead Street, Ballan
- 182 Hallett’s Way, Darley
- Lerderderg Library, Bacchus Marsh
- Ballan Library
You can contact the Youth Services Unit for further information by phoning 03 5366 7100.