Have your say about the Draft Library Policies!
Council is seeking your feedback on the following Draft Revised Library Policies:
- Draft General Library Policy
- Draft Unattended Children in the Library Policy
- Draft Public Access Technology – Condition of Use
The main purpose of these new and revised policies is to simplify the language and streamline processes. They aim to clarify Council’s expectations for the community regarding:
- use of, and behaviour in, the library
- membership requirements
- supervision and safety of young children in the library
- appropriate behaviour whilst in the library in order to maintain a safe, respectful environment
- patron safety when using the library’s internet facilities.
In addition, the new policies will provide council staff working in the libraries with clear guidelines and support:
- when dealing with difficult situations
- to assist them in explaining procedures and policies to patrons who might question them.
Have your say now on the DRAFT Library Policies.
Consultation closes COB on 24 April