Commonwealth Home Support Program

Share Tweet Print More Options

A home support assessment may be organised if you believe that some assistance with daily tasks will enable you to remain living independently at home and safely in the community. You may be eligible for services under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme if you are:

  • 65 years or older, or 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person
  • Still living at home
  • In need of assistance at home to continue living independently

If you think you need a Home Support Assessment, you can contact the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422. The contact centre staff will ask for your personal information and contact details, about what services you are seeking and some initial questions around your current circumstances. If you need help to contact My Aged Care you can contact our Intake and Response Officer on 5366 7100 who will be able to advise you who can assist you best to do this.

With your permission, the contact centre will refer you to the Moorabool Council Regional Assessment Outlet. One of our Assessment and Care Planning Officers will contact you to arrange a time to visit you in your home and complete a home support assessment. The Australian Government’s My Aged Care phone line and website can give you information and help you access aged care services to support you. See link

Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home and Community Care for Younger People Support Services

Last Updated:

Monday, 10 July, 2017 - 22:52