For the latest information on changes to operations and businesses hours to Council services.
Latest changes in Moorabool:
What restrictions are in place for Moorabool?
From 11.59pm Wednesday 16 September, Moorabool took the third step out of restrictions after recording less than five cases a day for a 14-day period.
Latest changes to services:
Council has currently closed:
- Face to face customer service at Ballan, Darley and Lerderderg Library
- Occasional Care, Darley Early Years Hub
- Senior Citizens Centres
- QUAMBY room programs
- Visitor Information Centre, Bacchus Marsh
- Bacchus Marsh Leisure Centre (including exercise classes)
- The Hub and Pavilion rooms at Darley will be unavailable for public hire
- Committee of Management-run recreation facilities will not take bookings for sports/event hire
- BMX parks
While residents will not be able to attend our customer service centres in person, they can still contact our customer service team via:
- Phone (5366 7100)
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Facebook (Moorabool Shire Council)
- Twitter (@mooraboolshire
Should residents require face to face communication they can phone 5366 7100 and an appointment will be made.
Payments for Council-issued bills can be paid over the phone with a credit card. Alternatively, most bills are able to be paid via B-pay or at the post office.
More information on making payments during the closure:
There are no re-opening dates set at this time, as Council continues to monitor the situation and work closely with State Government departments.
The following services will remain open for now and continue to be reviewed – any customers feeling unwell should stay away:
- Supported Playgroups - Phone and video 1:1 and small group sessions
- Youth Services – Phone, video and online contact, 1:1 and group sessions
- Food provision - Reduction in service
- Environmental Health - Reduced general duties
- Home Based Care - Modified domestic assistance; unaccompanied shopping
- Waste & Recycling Services - No cash payments; EFTPOS only
- Customer Service Centres - No face to face contact
- Strategic & Statutory Planning- No face to face contact; impacts on community consultation; planning enforcement impacted
- Emergency Management - Full time focus on COVID-19; reduced general duties