Household garbage bin
Everything placed in your red lid garbage bin is sent to landfill where it stays forever.
A garbage bin is best used as a ‘last resort’ – for items that cannot be recycled.
What goes in your red lid bin:
- Plastic bags, plastic packets and other soft plastic wrap
- Waxed cardboard including milk cartons
- Food waste (if you don't compost)
- Broken glassware and ceramics
- Old clothing and shoes not worthy of donation
- Takeaway coffee cups
- Other non-recyclable, non-hazardous materials
Did you know?
Plastic bags, plastic packets and other soft plastic wrap can be taken to participating Coles and Woolworths for specialised recycling through the redcycle program.