Applications now closed
Applications for the 2022 Community Leadership Program have now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in next year's program or similar community sessions.
What will you learn?
Council's Community Leadership Program covers a range of topics and provides valuable opportunities for community networking. In this program you will learn about:
- Leadership and communication styles
- Civic participation
- The function of local government
- Community Development theory and principles
- Action planning for projects
No prior knowledge is expected, and participants are supported in their learning and development throughout the program. Prospective applicants who are interested in enhancing their community and enjoy interacting with others would thrive in the program.
- Involved in a community group?
- A new Moorabool resident?
- A young person who wants to gain experience and skills?
- Involved in sporting club?
- Interested in learning about your local community?
- Keen to meet new people and learn after Covid?
Then this program is for you!
Meet Moorabool's 2022 Program Facilitator
Council’s 2022 Community Leadership Program facilitator is Helen Rodd from Hot House Projects.
Helen Rodd is a passionate community development practitioner, educator and researcher, living and working in the western suburbs of Melbourne and connecting with communities beyond her heartland.
Helen has been working in a range of roles across the community development, youth work and education sectors for over 30 years. Her passions include working alongside diverse communities, and practicing (and teaching) community development.
Helen’s teaching approach is underpinned by transformational learning methodologies and adult learning principles that build on the strengths of participants and use peer learning activities. Her teaching also focuses on:
- building positive group dynamics
- achieving cultural safety and awareness
- active learning principles
The Community Leadership Program encompasses a developmental learning design, meaning that learning in each session is linked to previous learning to create deeper and retained understanding.