Council is excited to present a program of activities for the communities impacted by the devastating storms in June 2021, thanks to new funding from Emergency Recovery Victoria.
Read the newsletter for more information(PDF, 971KB)
Activities and events will be held over February-May 2023 across the Blackwood, Korweinguboora and Barkstead areas and include:
- Development of a Community Emergency Management Plan for the community of Blackwood and surrounds
- Development of a Community Emergency Management Plan for the community of Korweinguboora and surrounds
- Practical First Aid Training
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- An exciting Arts program (delivered by Cat Moser in collaboration with artist Samantha Thompson)
- Additional projects under development.
Activities are fully funded however registration is required for some events to ensure we have enough materials and catering for all attendees.
Event details will be listed below as they become available.
Enquiries via email to Storm Recovery Coordinator, Amanda Western or call Customer Service on 5366 7100.
Free habitat creation project
Council has engaged Ecology & Restoration Australia (ERA) to create artificial hollows in standing live or dead trees, using a suite of tools, which can suit native hollow-dependent species including all kinds of possums, gliders and birds.
We are inviting private landholders in the storm impacted area, through an Expression of Interest process, to participate in this unique program.
To nominate, please complete the Expression of Interest form via Ecology & Restoration Australia.
Council was pleased to present choir sessions with Cat Moser during March at the Blackwood Community Hall.