The mental health of Victorian farming families affected by recent flooding and the prolonged wet spring is a prime focus of the National Centre for Farmer Health (NCFH).
As part of its dedicated flood recovery response, the NCFH is providing tailored mental health support through the delivery of initiatives:
- A supportive online community through the #BuildingFarmSpirit social media campaign
- Free access to online psychology support, delivered by farmer health trained psychologists
- Support for community events providing social connection and mental health promotion opportunities for farmers, farm workers, farm families and farming communities
- Distribution of mental health resources and support information
- Practical training to support trusted advisors working with farmers experiencing challenging times
The social media campaign, #BuildingFarmSpirit will encourage Victorian flood-affected farmers and farming families to share stories of how they are maintaining their wellbeing during this challenging time.
This sharing of information, farmer-to-farmer, will provide the inspiration needed to take the necessary action to recover from the floods.
The NCFH has a suite of printed and online resources available or by contacting the National Centre for Farmer Health on 5551 8533