Information for business during COVID-19
With COVID-19 causing unprecedented disruption for many local businesses, Council’s Economic Development team is here to support you
Contact the Economic Development team
Phone: (03) 5366 7100
Facebook: Business Growth and Innovation – Moorabool Shire
Stopping the spread
Keep up-to-date with the State Government's rules and regulations. Council’s Environmental Health Team can assist.
The following State Government agencies can help you further:
- Every business across regional Victoria is now required to have a COVID-safe plan.
- Council is waiving outdoor dining permit fees for the hospitality industry until 30 June 2021. This announcement will further support businesses, where appropriate, to offer immediate outdoor dining options to increase their serving capacity.
- Victorian business owners across the state can now access a free QR Code Service which will help make things easy as we continue our economic recovery. These records help contact tracers in the event a positive case of coronavirus (COVID-19) is identified. From 27 March 2021, businesses using electronic record-keeping must only use QR Code providers who are connected to the API.
- Circuit breaker lockdown funding now available for sole traders, restaurants, florists, confectioners, hairdressers, accommodation providers, musicians and performers – who incurred costs such as the loss of perishable goods, cancelled gigs and foregone trading.
Support packages and grants
Businesses are encouraged to explore the many support packages and grants available.
Maximise your business
Industry councils and associations are providing free online courses, memberships, and practical information to help you maximise your business.
- Council is pleased to present Shire businesses with free opportunities to help you maximise awareness of your business.
Further advice and information available
Please review the disclaimer prior to using the above services.