Yule Love Christmas in Moorabool 2021
Moorabool’s Mega Christmas Trees!
Across December 2021 visit our Christmas trees in the main streets of Bacchus Marsh, Ballan, Gordon and Blackwood, and new location – Greendale! Take a photo and post it to social media using #ChristmasinMoorabool
- Village Green, Bacchus Marsh
- McLeans Reserve, Ballan
- Outside Gordon Public Hall
- Blackwood Reserve (opposite the Blackwood Pub)
- Egans Reserve (opposite the Greendale Pub)
Meet Santa and Santa’s Elf in Moorabool
Santa’s making a list, and with the help of his elf, he’s checking it twice! Say hi to Santa, and make sure he knows how good you’ve been this year and what’s on your list.
- Inglis Street, Ballan – Saturday 11 December, 10.00am-1:00pm
- Inglis Street, Ballan – Friday 17 December, 10.30am – 1.30pm
- Main Street, Bacchus Marsh – Saturday 18 December, 10.30am-1.30pm
- Main Street, Bacchus Marsh – Friday 24 December, 10.30am – 1.30pm
Discover Moments of Joy in Our Towns
Come together and celebrate! Commencing mid-December, and through summer you're in for an artistic treat. Take a stroll and rediscover our vibrant townships and prepare to be surprised with colourful art and entertainment. To check out paste-up artwork locations visit this page
Spend Local this Christmas
Moorabool Localised features over 200 local businesses, covering an amazing range of local goods and services, helping you get ready for Christmas. And if you discover your favourite local businesses aren’t on there yet, feel free to help spread the word! https://moorabool.localised.com.au/
Saturday Rotunda Sessions
Grab a coffee, a picnic and a couple of friends! Come on down to Ballan and Bacchus Marsh this December and be entertained by some great tunes brought to you by talented local musicians.
Ballan Rotunda – Inglis Street
11 December 10.00am-11.00am: Breckin, solo artist from Ballan
11 December 11.00am -1.00pm: The Honeyfields, folk trio from Blackwood
18 December 10.30am- 1.30pm: The Nelson family, local musicians from Gordon.
Bacchus Marsh Rotunda – Main Street, Eddie Toole Park
18 December 10.30am-11.45am: Jen Hawley & Nicolas Lyon from Myrniong
18 December 12.00pm -1.15pm: Little Wigtown, local band from Ballan
24 December 10.30am- 1.30pm: The Claritudes, woodwind quartet.
CHRISTMAS 2021 - LOCAL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Free Business Marketing Campaign
Tis the season for your business to be discovered. List your Shire business free on Moorabool Localised, and you can be part of our Christmas spend local marketing campaign which will promote https://moorabool.localised.com.au/
Give the gift of a local job this Christmas
Is your Shire business already registered with Moorabool Localised?
Great news - once your business listing is live, you’ll be able to advertise your local jobs on the site too. https://moorabool.localised.com.au/jobs/
Enter the Best Shop Window (or equivalent) Competition!
Share in the spirit of Christmas by dressing your business shop window (or equivalent) to impress and take out the title for Christmas 2021 one of two categories! Category 1: Best Shop Window. Category 2: Best New Entrant.
- To enter, email a photo of your decorated shop window to email@example.com Include your contact name, business name and business address. And tell us if this is your first time dressing your shop window for Christmas, which qualifies you for consideration as a new entrant. Entries must be received by Friday 10 December.
- Judging will take place on Tuesday 14 December.
- Two prizes* are available. The winner of each category will receive a $150 local dining voucher.
- Judge’s decision is final.
- The winners will be notified on Wednesday 15 December, including an announcement on facebook via Business Growth & Innovation - Moorabool Shire.