Grant St/Griffith St/Station St traffic lights
- Project typeTraffic upgrades
- Project value$5M (Costs: External funding $5M)
An upgrade to traffic signals at this intersection will safely manage the current and future congestion of this area. The upgrade will also provide safe access for pedestrian walking to the train station or schools. These improvements will create a safe and efficient road network.
About this project
- The rapid growth of Bacchus Marsh means that traffic congestion in peak times is increasing, with the infrastructure constructed more than 50 years ago unable to cope with this increased traffic volume and heavy transport movements.
- Traffic in this intersection is causing queuing across the rail level crossing.
- Increased pressure on this intersection due to its use ass a freight route between the Calder Highway and Port of Geelong.